- A Father's Letter to His Son. -Allen Takata. This is why wrestling is a great sport for children.
- Oklahoma Head Football Coach Bob Stoops on the benefits of wrestling and why he encourages OU football players to wrestle!
- WATCH THIS INTERVIEW! Pro Bowl WR Roddy White talking about being a State Champion wrestler, his trip to the Olympic Training Center and how wrestling has helped him in Football
- Article on Roddy White working with USA Wrestling to promote wrestling to football players
- Ravens' Ray Lewis and Kelly Gregg talk about how wrestling helped them make the NFL
- 10 reasons for Football Players to wrestle
- Forbes Magazine article titled; Why wrestlers make the best employees
- Why football players should wrestle, By Matthew Wernikoff
- Article about former OSU Head Coach Football Luke Fickell, a former 3 x Ohio State Wrestling Champion
- List of NFL players and coaches that wrestled
- Some familiar names you will see are:
Bo Jackson*, RB, Oakland Raiders - Heisman Winner
Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons - 2x SC State Champ (First Round Pick) Pro Bowl Reciever
Ronnie Lott, DB, San Francisco 49’ers- Hall of Famer
The most respected coaches in football history support their football players wrestling! Not only that but many of them where wrestlers themselves. College Football coaches all over the country seek out wrestlers to play football for them! No two mainstream sports have closer similarities, ties and mutually benefit each other than football and wrestling.
ACCORDING TO THE HEAD COACH AT THE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA, KIRK FERENTZ, WRESTLING IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS YOU CAN DO TO IMPROVE AS A FOOTBALL PLAYER. AFTER ALL, HIS SONS WRESTLED IN HIGH SCHOOL.
"I have never seen a good wrestler turn out to be a bad football player."
Kirk Ferentz, Head Football Coach, University of Iowa
“I love wrestlers; they are tough and make great Football players.” –Mike Stoops National Championship Football Coach at Oklahoma University.
“Wrestlers make coaching football easy, they have balance, coordination, and as a staff we know they are tough.” -Tom Osborne College Hall of Fame Coach for the University of Nebraska.
“I draft wrestlers because they are tough, I’ve never had a problem with a wrestler.” –Joe Gibbs Hall of Fame Football Coach.
“I would have all of my offensive linemen wrestle if I could.” –John Madden, Hall of Fame Football Coach and Broadcaster
“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.” –Dan Gable Hall of Fame Wrestler and Wrestling Coach